It’s the new year and we are indeed super pumped up for what lies ahead for us in this year. Unfortunately, we have been really busy these holidays and we just forget about how we need to keep our office or workspace clean, tidy and organized.
Having an organized workspace will allow you to be prepared for upcoming work and allow you to position yourself to success.
Here are my 5 Insane Ways in Organizing your Workspace.
- Do some purging – We normally keep a lot of things in our office / workspace. Whether it be paper or stationery materials. You need to do this once a week to keep your work space clutter free.
- Have trays for small objects – Your desk drawers must have trays in it so as to keep your paper clips, staplers, pens and tapes in it. You don’t need to put your cute stapler on the table as it could create clutter on your desk. Keep it away in storage.
- Fix up folders – Check papers and documents that have been stored and see if you
still need them or not. Have a shredder and shred those documents.
- Create a System that Flows – Whether on your computer or at hand, organize documents into three folders or trays: Inbox, Pending, Complete.
- Put things at arms reach – Place everyday things at arms reach. This avoids stationery pile up and clutter.
So which of these 5 tips can you do in your own workspace? Let me know in the comments below!
Elaine Fernando is a Professional Organizer, a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO), National Association of Professional Organizers Northern New Jersey Chapter (NAPO NNJ) and APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers). Elaine may be reached at 908-630-8995 or email@example.com