A lot of people now consider having a home office as a part of their homes since a lot of people nowadays are working from home. Home offices are mostly cluttered and of course, disorganized. Why? Because it’s the place where paper, receipts and other stationery materials are found lying around.
So to keep your home office clean, tidy, and organized, here are 5 Simple Ways to Organize your Home Office.
1. Group similar things together – Grouping your things will help you find them easily in the future. Another purpose for this exercise is to find out which stationery supplies need refill. You will be surprised on the amount of space you’ll be saving and also you will definitely save lots of money as well. Organizing your things around the office will help you see which supplies you need to buy. PLUS! it will help you save time looking for supplies once you organize them.
2. It is best to use color codes in filing your papers – Well it is said that people tend to remember colors easily than the labels. Organizing your papers in folders with color codes will help you find what you need easily. You will no longer miss paying bills or get swamped with a lot of paper clutter in the long run.
3. Use furniture with wheels – It allows flexibility around your office space. It can help you arrange your office in a matter that is comfortable for you. Plus it helps you store things conveniently because you can roll it with you.
4. Use cloud technology to store files – We are already in the day and age where paper is slowly becoming obsolete (well not quite, but it will soon). Storing paper trails to the cloud will help you access them anywhere! Plus it helps you save space in your home office.
5. Use space creatively – There are lot of organizing tools and furnishings out there that you can use to create more space for yourself. Utilize them and get more out of your drawers or shelves.
Elaine Fernando is a Professional Organizer, a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and a member of APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers). Elaine may be reached at 908-630-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org