The kitchen is the most used area in the house. Well simply because we eat everyday and the only means to eat at home is to cook in kitchen. Whether you have a small or large counter top it’s really important that we get to keep it clean and tidy especially if we want to keep our kitchen clean right?
So in my blog I will share with you 7 Neat Tips to Organize Your Kitchen Counter
1. Clean as you go – you see it’s pretty easy to take out one thing and leave it on the counter. As you progress throughout the day you will notice the amount of clutter building up and it gets harder to put it all back where it came from. So to avoid unnecessary clean up afterwards, make it a habit to pick up after yourself.
2. Store appliances or utensils that aren’t regularly used – If you don’t use the blender that often, then store it. You don’t need to display every kitchen appliances you have on your counter. Aside from it using up precious space, your appliances will get dusty in the long run.
3. Use vertical space – Like in all minimalist designs, the vertical space is very useful. Hooks and other magnetic items can be used to free up counter space.
4. If it does not belong to the kitchen, remove it – Your counter is a place where you need to prepare food and I strongly suggest removing any items that don’t belong in the kitchen as it only creates clutter and more confusion.
5. Wash dishes immediately – This is similar to tip #1 but sometimes we don’t wash dishes immediately especially if you invited people or if you organize a party. It’s not the best thing to do but you have to make the time to do it. Practice and make it a habit so as encourage other people to do it as well.
6. Use some hacks to organize your counter – There are some things you can do in order to increase counter space. You can check this blog 10 Pretty Ways to Keep Your Countertop Organized . This blog has tons of ways you can work on increasing your counter space. Go and try them and see if you can make it work for you.
7. Less is more – Yeah so like in any clutter free tips out there. In order to keep your counter as clean as possible you need to resist the urge to buy kitchen utensils or appliances that isn’t necessary. You see the more you purchase, the less counter space you have. So if possible, don’t purchase if not needed.
So I would love to know in the comments below if you already did these tips on your own kitchen? If not, are there other tips you can share about counter organization?
Elaine Fernando is a Professional Organizer, a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and a member of APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers). Elaine may be reached at 908-630-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org