What is paper clutter?
These are stocks and piles of paper trail that you leave behind. Unorganized and cluttered. Making it hard for you to find stuff.
So if you’re Feeling swamped with paper clutter and have been continuously stressed where you have placed all your bills, receipts, documents and all? Then maybe it’s time for you to organize and clean up paper clutter.
So how to organize and finally be paper clutter free? Check out my awesome tips below
1. Automate – Consider to sign up for paperless billing and transactions. Having your bills automated and sent via email make it hassle free and also paperless! It reduces paper clutter and allows you to easily access your bills via email. No more misplacing bills!
2. Bring your paper clutter into one place and sort it out – So if you have stocks and piles of paper scattered around the house, first place them in one area in your house. That could be your office or study room. There you can start sorting out which documents, receipts, coupons, bills, letters etc. you need to keep or not.
3. File it – So after sorting your paper clutter, have it filed with labels. One neat trick is having folders for each paper file. Example a folder for all of your coupons. Label it and place your coupons in there.
4. Get rid of receipts – We tend to keep receipts and sometimes its a habit we don’t realize we got. Starting today check your wallets and other places where you normally tuck those receipts. Sort them out and file them if it’s necessary, if not, then throw them.
5. Regulate Paper Files Regularly – When you say regulate, it means you need to check your paper files everytime. This would ensure that you won’t get paper clutter in the future. Throw and remove all the paper you no longer need and keep your filing system organized.
So what other tips you can add on reducing your paper clutter? Hit me up on the comments below!
Elaine Fernando is a Professional Organizer, a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and a member of APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers). Elaine may be reached at 908-630-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org