Whether you’re a home-based entrepreneur or working 9 – 5 in an office, let’s face it a messy workspace will not help your productivity. So in my blog today, let’s tackle some hacks to help you clean up and organize your office.
1. Create a drawer organizer – One of the messiest places in our office is our drawers. We keep on stashing things inside and not cleaning it. So to best keep things in order, get a small divider or you can do your own dividers from boards and place them inside your drawer. This would separate your stuff from one another. Plus it would help you find things easily.
2. Use the vertical space under your desk – You can create a handle to hold your wires using binder clips. Or you could recycle old holders and containers and hang them on the side of your table for extra storage space.
3. Use the vertical space on your wall – Create a new cabinet or a shelf so you could properly arrange your things and add new space on your work area. You could also add up a cork board so you could pin your memos and other important reminders.
4. Use desk organizers and labels – Desk organizers can be used to sort your mail by category. Labels can be handy for your to easily identify the contents in each folder.
5. Arrange desk essentials, like a stapler, post-it notes, and scissors, in a vintage tray and they’ll look orderly and a lot prettier. reference: RealSimple.com
6. Mint Tin Drawer Organizers – Use them to store your push pins, paper clips and other office materials that could really make a mess inside your drawer.
7. Create a wall organizer – You can sew one yourself! It would definitely add more space on your office plus you’re recycling (which is good!)
What other office organizing tips can you add to the list? Reach me on the comments below!
Elaine Fernando is a Professional Organizer, a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and a member of APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers). Elaine may be reached at 908-630-8995 or email@example.com