The bedroom is the place where you can just relax and be yourself. It’s suppose to be a haven for you to be really at home and free. But what if your room is a mess? Have you thought of cleaning your room for a change?
Worry no more, here’s a quick guide on how to spring clean your bedroom.
1. Always make your bed every morning. To reduce eyesore you need to keep your bed neat and tidy. This would help you start your day right.
2. Dust ceilings, walls, furniture and everthing that is exposed and most likely to get dust around it. It is important that you clean your room from all of the dust as it will cause allergies in the long run.
3. Clean your ceiling fan. Clean your ceiling fan especially the blades. Use soap and water then air dry.
4. Remove and wash your curtains, drapes and blinds. Dust down blinds and other window treatments. Wash your curtains or dry clean, make sure you remove all hooks as it will damage the fabric. Also don’t forget to clean your windows.
5. Wash all beddings, comforters, bedsheets and pillow cases. After all the dusting, it’s quite obvious that your bedding are full of dust , so remember to clean that up and place it in your washer. Also another tip, make sure to wash your bedsheets twice a month for sanitary reasons.
Let me know which of these tips are you comfortable doing or if you have any tips you want to share for spring cleaning, post your answers below!
Elaine Fernando is a Professional Organizer a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and a member of APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers). Elaine may be reached at 908-630-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org