Budgeting is not an easy task. Even for an accountant working on a budget is a struggle. It’s one of those responsibilities that is really stressful!
It is really important that you get to find the balance on what is needed (necessary expenditures) and splurges (personal wants). When it comes to budgeting, sometimes it is a trial and error process. But as soon as you get the right formula, you need to stick to it!
So if you’re looking for easy tips to save on extra dollars on grocery, utilities, personal care bills and the likes, check out my 5 Ways on How You Can Fix Your Budget.
1. On Groceries – Buy necessary and frequently used items in bulk. Freeze meat and food that you won’t be using for awhile. Buying in bulk stops you from buying the things you need on a weekly basis. It also saves you time and prevent you from impulse buying.
2. Be on the look out for coupons. There are a lot of coupon codes and sites that can give you deals for household items. It’s a matter of searching and getting the right ones for your household. P.S.: Don’t get too excited just take what is needed.
3. Sell unwanted things you have at home. Selling things you no longer use will help you earn extra cash for your household. Learn to keep things organized and do some spring cleaning so you can identify which stuff you own can be sold for extra cash.
4. DIY household cleaners – Making your own house cleaning products will help you cut down expenses by making natural cleaning supplies and you can have your share in saving the environment.
5. Check out recurring subscription. If you have recurring online subscriptions that you don’t really use that much, it’s better to cancel those subscriptions and save $10 or more and add it up to your savings for the month.
So what other money saving tricks you do to keep your budget intact? Share your tips on the comments below! – I love to hear them all!
Elaine Fernando is a Professional Organizer, a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and a member of APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers). Elaine may be reached at 908-630-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org