After the long winter season, it’s now time to get to work and clean up the mess that winter has done. Spring cleaning gives you the feeling of starting fresh, and it’s a great way to maintain your house clean and organized as we move into summer. Spring cleaning can be a daunting task, especially when we are talking about cleaning and clutter.
So on my blog below I’m going to share 10 of the amazing Home Made Hacks for Spring Cleaning. This will definitely help you household chores less of a chore!
1. Refrigerator cleaner DIY (Salt and Soda Water) – A combination of Salt and Soda Water helps you clean your refrigerator without the use of harmful chemicals. The bubbling action of the soda water combines with the abrasive texture of the salt to make a great cleaner.
2. Remove Faucet Grime Build Up (UsingVinegar) – So to do this you need lay pieces of paper towel on the fixture and then soak it with vinegar. The grime will just fall out due to the vinegar’s acidity.
3. Run drab drapes using your dryer – Remove hooks from your drapes and run them through the air-fluff cycle in the dryer along with a wet towel (to draw off the dust) for 15 minutes. Hang them back in the windows immediately.
4. Clean the blades of a ceiling fan (Using a furniture polish) – Covering the blades with furniture polish will make them good as new and also it protects them from unnecessary dirt.
5. Air out your comforters, blankets and pillows – After winter, take them outside and hang them on a clothesline for a day. This would remove dampness and the heat from the sun can disinfect and remove unnecessary odor.
6. Wax your stovetop – After scrubbing the grime off your stovetop, apply a thin layer of car wax and then buff it off with a clean towel. It will make your stove look shiny and new, and it will make wiping off future spills a breeze.
7. Steam Clean your microwave before your scrub – Fill a microwave-safe bowl with 1 to 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of white vinegar, and a few drops of your favorite essential oil and zap the mixture for five minutes.
8. Use your dishwasher to clean almost anything – There are tons of things that you can clean in the dishwasher that don’t have anything to do with place settings. Once every few months, toss some of the following into the dishwasher for a deep clean: contact lens cases, hair brushes, makeup brushes, pet dishes, plastic kids toys, refrigerator shelves, soap dishes, tweezers, various knobs and pulls, and even your showerhead (if it’s removable).
9. Dust with fabric softener Sheets – Dryer sheets, lone socks and when worn mittens are a cheap substitute for more expensive electrostatic cloths, and they work just as well. It also work for dusting tight areas and Venetian blinds.
10. Clean your dishwasher – After you remove any visible grime, place a (dishwasher safe) cup of vinegar on the top shelf and run the hottest cycle your dishwasher has. After that, sprinkle a cupful of baking soda around the bottom and run it through a short but complete cycle using the hottest water.
So which of the ff have you already done? Do you know other hacks that can be done during spring cleaning?
Hit me up on the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
PS: I will run a Spring Special. If you book a minimum of 4 hours you will get 15% off published rates and 20 hours or more you will get 25% off.
Promo Ends on May 31st.
Elaine Fernando is a Professional Organizer, a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and a member of APPO (Association of Personal Photo Organizers). Elaine may be reached at 908-630-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org